Wednesday, May 26, 2004

I Need A Room for One, Please

Yesterday, Babygirl woke up early from her nap, but she went back to sleep. That was the first sign.

This morning, she woke up at 6:30 a.m., a full hour earlier than her usual time.

Throughout the morning, she was very clingy and crabby. She has taken after me, I'm afraid, and is sullen and apt to give dirty looks to anyone who is too chipper first thing in the morning. We hate mornings. But, this went beyond our usual slow start. She only wanted to sit on my lap and nurse and she didn't want breakfast. Then I noticed she felt warm.

She is sick. And furthermore, I have a headache I can't shake, despite ibuprofen and caffeine. I guess I'm sick, too, though I refuse to embrace it. She's napping and I hope she naps a good two hours.

I think she caught this from DaycareKid--last Friday he was out of sorts, red-eyed, crabby and tired. I wiped his nose a few times. But he never became really ill, so I am hoping that we have that sort of not-quite-an-illness.

How sick is it to dream of checking into a hotel alone for a week? These are the fantasies of a housewife.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

That was me last week. The twins were sick starting on Friday nearly two weeks ago. One at a time. They began to get better then I got sick. I stayed inbed for two days and even called in sick to work, which I never do. Thank God I was sick on the weekend when my husband was here. I hate sick. I don't remember ever being sick this much. I think these twins ruined my immune system.

Stacy

5:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Parents Blog Top Sites

Powered by Blogger

Listed on BlogShares