Thursday, May 27, 2004

Exhaustion

My baby seems better today. No sign of any illness whatsoever.

My husband sat by the bedside of yet another dying man today. This man was 72. I can't remember what he died from, but my husband drove the widow home and then came home a little after dinnertime. Poo husband fell asleep before 8:30 p.m. He's emotionally drained from taking care of so many grieving people and preaching funerals back to back.

My daycare baby is going with his parents to Georgia for five days. I will have a break--which is hilarious considering I now think of a break as days when I "only" have four kids to take care of.

The pool opens Saturday. YoungestBoy, especially, is excited. TwinBoyA loves the pool mostly for the "Snack Shack." He plans to "work" at the Snack Shack this summer to earn money. They earn a pittance, but he's jazzed about it.

We've had two days of rain. Being the Old Woman that I am, I am so thrilled that the rains came just a day after I planted my flower bulbs and wildflower seeds. Now, one more day of rain and then it must stop so YoungestBoy can swim at the pool on Saturday. He's going to have a great day--he was invited to a birthday party on Saturday, too. I love the earnest enthusiasm of a six year old. I wish I could stick him in a jar and preserve him.

TwinBoyA has been unusually cooperative and sweet lately, which makes me nervous. TwinBoyB waited until the last minute tonight to write a speech on Martin Luther King, Jr., which made me want to bang my head on the computer keyboard.

I am tired.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm glad Grace is feeling better. At least she isnt sick during your "break." LOL~Mary

6:31 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah for Grace feeling better.
Sorry for a drained husband. I think I would be drained if I were him too :-(
Enjoy your "break" though and have fun at the pool!

9:24 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can only imagine how emotionally draining your husband's job is. And how draining your job is, supporting him. Glad Grace is feeling better!

5:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Parents Blog Top Sites

Powered by Blogger

Listed on BlogShares