Monday, March 01, 2004

Time is March-ing On

March is already here. That can only mean one thing. Summer is practically here and then before you know it, Babygirl will be going to kindergarten, getting married and moving to Maine.

I hope I actually get the tax stuff in the mail before then.

I looked over just now in time to see Babygirl sprinkling water onto DaycareKid's head. DaycareKid is such an easy-going kid. He wasn't even saying anything. Her favorite thing is to pin him to the ground and lay on him. He hates it, but he allows it. He outweighs her, but she is more determined, more wiry and a smidge taller.

The birthday party on Saturday went as well as can be expected. Five of YoungestBoy's kindergarten classmates attended, as well as three "older" friends (ages 8 and 9). We played bingo for one round. The first kid won, then I started cheating and calling out the numbers I could see they needed. That way, everyone won, and fairly quickly, too. TwinBoyA's job was to spin the dial for numbers and call them and he did it in such a dramatic way that it cracked me up.

After bingo, we went outside and whacked the pinata to death. Each child had three swings, no blindfolding involved. The stick was pretty short and I kept all the kids behind me on the stairs so no one would end up with brain damage from the party. I always put bags of loot in the pinata so there is no mad scramble for candy. There is a bag for everyone, no need to push down your neighbor and skin your knee. I learned the hard way.

Then it was time to open gifts. My husband had taken the baby away, so I was doing everything myself. I did pretty well, even managed to get a decent amount of pictures taken. No video because I only have two arms and one brain. I have two chins, but the second one is pretty useless.

Immediately following gifts, we had pizza and cake. The kids were itching to run in circles in the house, so as soon as they finished, I started an impromptu game of hot potato, which killed more time. By then there were only ten minutes remaining but each time I looked at the clock, there were still ten minutes remaining. I hollered to my husband (who had returned at pizza time), "is the clock BROKEN?!" Kidding around, really.

Our party ended at noon. Another boy in YoungestBoy's kindergarten class shares his birthday (Thursday) and also had his party on Saturday, so all of the kids went to Brian's party, too. She had a two hour party (mine was only 90 minutes). Having a short party that ended at noon was brilliant, really. By noon, it was all over. No fuss, no muss. I didn't even break a sweat.

I stayed home from church on Sunday due to Babygirl's runny nose and YoungestBoy's snuffly cough. I began a cleaning frenzy upstairs, but as usual, when I was in one room cleaning, the kids were in another room uncleaning. I managed not to scream my head off. In the afternoon, the twins went to play with their twin pals, so it was quiet with just Babygirl and YoungestBoy. I took Babygirl for a walk around the block--she actually walks and jogs all the way around. She adores walking outside. Then, my husband took YoungestBoy and Babygirl for a ride in the car. In their absence, I did dishes and weeded the front flowerbed. The perennials are starting to grow again.

I missed the Academy Awards last night. My VCR malfunctioned. I managed to catch the last hour, though. I was strangely enough not very upset. I saw the major awards.

Time to put the babies to bed for a nap. Woo-hoo! (Not that Babygirl will sleep. I always pretend that she will, though.)
Parents Blog Top Sites

Powered by Blogger

Listed on BlogShares