Thursday, February 26, 2004

Billy Baldwin and My Unicycle

I have a cold. I was so tired, but I slept so poorly. I kept peering at the clock and saw when it was 2 a.m. and 3 a.m. and 4 a.m. Sometime after 4:30 a.m., I fell asleep long enough to have the following dream:

I enter a large auditorium-like room, which is the location for a reunion of some sort. (Not my high school reunion, because in my dream I compare it to that situation.) I decide that the best thing to do is to ride a unicycle into the room, but not just any unicycle. No. This is a 30 foot tall unicycle, which brings me right up close to the popcorn-textured ceiling and deeply recessed lights.

I realize, of course, that I cannot get down, so I holler to the people on the ground that I need help. Who appears to rescue me? Billy Baldwin, of course.

I say, "Hey, aren't you Billy Baldwin?" I am dangling with my arms locked through the recessed lighting fixture.

He grins and his eyes crinkle into upside down moons. "I sure am!"

I say, "You know what would be cool?"

"What?"

"An all-Baldwin Mole!" (As in the television show, "The Mole." On the "Celebrity Mole", Stephen Baldwin has been a contestant twice. My dream-self thought it would be fun to see all the Baldwin brothers compete.)

He agrees, then somehow I am lowered to the ground, where my dream ends.

Unfortunately, the dream ends because my alarm rings at 6:20 a.m. and fortified with very little sleep, I have to face a day filled with runny-nosed toddlers and laundry.

We aren't really celebrating YoungestBoy's birthday today, but I did make him a sweatshirt last night that says, "TODAY IS MY 6th BIRTHDAY!" I want everyone at school to be attentive and sweet to him. I'll probably make cupcakes while he's at school and we'll have pizza--his favorite--tonight.



Six years ago today, I was walking around my house, having contractions. YoungestBoy wasn't born until 11:42 p.m., after 43 hours of labor. He was born into the birthing tub, surrounded by a whole crowd of helpers. His twin brothers were sound asleep. What a blessing this boy has been.

Now, onward with my day.
Parents Blog Top Sites

Powered by Blogger

Listed on BlogShares