Sunday, April 16, 2006

Posted by Picasa Here she is right before she ate a Hershey's kiss and dribbled chocolate down the front of her Easter dress, which, of course, I purchased for $15.99 last year at Marshall's on clearance and fully intended to resell on eBay to finance next year's Easter couture.

The children all looked pretty good, at least for ten minutes until the boys' shirt came untucked and the knees of the pants became muddy during the post-church service Easter egg hunt. I couldn't help being pleased with my savvy shopping skills--they were outfitted entirely in clothing purchased on clearance at Marshall's, (aka My Favorite Store) and Value Village. Every item looked new and carried an satisfactory label (Ralph Lauren, Dockers, The Gap).

After church, I finished cooking dinner and my mother surprised me by bringing my grandmother (now 100-years old and counting) as a guest. We had a lovely meal, except that one of my teenagers (I have teenagers now!) has the beginning symptoms of the virus and preferred to sleep than eat. He's headachey, lethargic and on the brink of throwing up.

And two of the little ones I watch were home on this Easter Sunday vomiting. And with uncharacteristic optimism I had thought maybe no one else would get sick.

Oh, and my daughter woke up with a stuffy nose this week. If it's not one thing, it's another.

10 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Sorry about the continuing illness. It is going around my part of the country as well. Insidious virus! Your daughter looks very cute. I'm glad you got a picture before the chocolate dribble!

11:03 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a cute picture! I'm glad you had a good Easter...and sorry it sounds like you're gearing up for another go-round with the virus.

4:07 AM  
Blogger Judy said...

She is a vision of loveliness!

Chocolate covered children are my favorite candy.

4:37 AM  
Blogger Yvonne said...

She looks just precious! The chocolate will come out - then you can list it on e-bay!

5:50 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love the multi-colored stained glass!

Oh, and your daughter is cute, too. :)

6:38 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello, hello, hello!!! I have been waiting to comment for so long.I came to this blog through my cell phone. I was surfing the net and there you were.I read every day; and even get anxious when you haven't written yet.I can not comment on my cell, so I have to wait until I get to my mothers house.Keep it up, so I can "tune in" daily.

8:49 AM  
Blogger Kristen Kai said...

she is sooo cute. I didn't get any pics of my kids yesterday, but I did take them to Walmart and had their picture done. I can't wait to get them back. Glad you got to get one good one before the candy debockle...LOL. Kristen

11:49 AM  
Blogger Kristin said...

great photo... she looks like your photo!

11:58 AM  
Blogger dinodoc said...

I am not a shoe person by any means, but even I have to say "Wow! Lookit those shoes!!". The little girl in me is jealous. ;)

12:58 PM  
Blogger oshee said...

You have a beautiful little girl. I love her curls. Well done on making it through Easter. I enjoyed dressing up my kids yesterday. I even curled my girls hair. They don't have the natural ringlets.

3:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Parents Blog Top Sites

Powered by Blogger

Listed on BlogShares