Friday, April 07, 2006

Testing, Testing, 1-2-3


Today, I figured out how to use an Olympus D-380 that I bought on Clearance at Target several years ago. I bought it without a manual, USB cable or software and after an initial flurry of desperate attempts (including an unhelpful response from Olympus Customer Service), I abandoned the camera.

I am unable to recreate the sequence of thoughts that led me to hook the camera to a USB cable (that came with a digital recorder), but I did. (Wait! It had to do with me fiddling around in Picasa 2, that lovely free program. Oh! And before that, I noticed my slideshow screensaver included pictures I didn't download onto my computer. And during my investigations [Google-Talk downloaded them, apparently. Huh? Did I agree to that?] I saw the "Import" button on Picasa and wondered . . . )

Anyway, here is one of the five photographs that was on the media card in the digital camera. I'm posting it here as a test. (This is my now-8 year old son who was about five when the picture was taken.)

7 Comments:

Blogger Shalee said...

Mel, You now have liftoff... And at sale price too!

Isn't it fun to figure stuff out!

Looking forward to the many photos you are going to throw our way!

1:26 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Thanks for the heads-up on my blog. Clearly, you are taking the technological world by storm.

2:06 PM  
Blogger Diane Viere said...

You gotta love the techno world! Isn't it fun!

Diane

4:32 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad you were able to figure it out. You would never have been able to with Olympus tech support..they are horrid (that is if you can even get a tech on the phone that you can understand or that knows anything about the product :(.

4:47 PM  
Blogger Home's Jewels said...

We want more pictures now :)

And just think how easy it will be to sell on eBay? LOL

6:33 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Wow. Your little guy's face looks a lot like your profile pic.

7:23 PM  
Blogger Jenn said...

what a cutie.YEA! For pictures and modern technology!

Now you have to get a flickr.com account so you can put pictures in a widget on your bloggage!

5:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Parents Blog Top Sites

Powered by Blogger

Listed on BlogShares