Friday, April 14, 2006

Pow! Wow! How! Now! Mow!?

My daughter is learning what letters are in her name and what letters are in mine. She has the Leapfrog refrigerator magnets which recently returned to the refrigerator following a hiatus due to a spate of annoying flinging of the alphabet around the kitchen. So, an old toy becomes new and lately, we spell our names all day.

Alas, only one copy of each letter is included in the set, so while she can spell her name, I can't really spell my name: M-O-M because there's only one M. Being resourceful, though, I simply turned the W upside down. My daughter, being not only cute, but also bright, caught me, though, and refused to let the W lie on its back like a turtle. She flipped it back to its proper position.

And that's how I became Mow. That's right, Mow, rhymes with Cow. And Pow. How Now Brown Mow? Pow! Wow! If you ask her, she will tell you that my name is spelled M-O-W.

And in other news, last night, my daughter slept all night and so did I. And today? The carpet cleaner came, I taught my boys Shakespeare and I bought thirteen balloons . . . for tomorrow is the day I become the mother of teenagers. Wow, Mow, How Now?!

10 Comments:

Blogger Judy said...

Happy Birthday to your boys!

I LOVED having teenagers. It's not as bad as you've been told.

Interesting, challenging and LOUD, but not bad...not bad at all.

(should i enclose my mailing address just in case you do not find this to be so?)

6:14 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes, Happy Birthday to your BOYS! You are in for a wonderfully energetic times (not that they haven't been already). I too loved my son and daughter's teen years.

6:41 AM  
Blogger Gina said...

Happy Birthday to the boys!

I am sure you are scratching your head and wondering what happened, because just yesterday they were babies.

Where does the time go?

7:17 AM  
Blogger Lisa said...

Ah, refridgerator magnets.... The thought sends shivers down my spine. Back when the girls were very small, our fridge was covered with them. First thing they'd do, in the throws of a tantrum, would be to knock them ALL to the floor in one fell swoop. Fridge magents went bye-bye pretty quickly...

8:21 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I also had teenage twins. Though they were girls and they were very emotional, this only time it was really hard was when they had all their girlfriends over and more than one of the group was suffering from a broken heart!
I do have to admit that we did get them their own line....nowadays I suppose parents get their kids cell phones, but that second line saved our lives. We still have it even!!!

Enjoy



~K!

8:36 AM  
Blogger ~Jennifer said...

Ah teenagers! Happy birthday boys.

Busy mom.

I'm glad you're getting sleep again.

10:58 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

How funny...my middle son will be 16 on the 16th. Three sons, the others 17 and 11. They are fun years...worrisome but fun :) Unfortunately mine like to talk to me late, late at night so I am once again up at night with the kids but at least they aren't crying or throwing up on me :)

3:00 PM  
Blogger Pilgrim said...

Happy Easter, Mel.

5:47 PM  
Blogger David said...

As I expect my first child in a few weeks, I look forward to the trials and joys of parenthood, a little more eager thanks to your insights.

David

also, there's a little girl who needs your prayers. Any comments of encouragement to her parents on that site, however brief, are most appreciated.

7:18 PM  
Blogger Gina said...

Wait a minute, is that a Mary Engelbreit magnet on there? No, make it four! And an ice cream magnet?

I am reminded every day of why we get along so well.

9:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Parents Blog Top Sites

Powered by Blogger

Listed on BlogShares