Thursday, April 13, 2006

Meme of the Weird

Because Jody asked, I am doing a "Weird Meme." Apparently, I am supposed to unveil my soul and tell you six weird things about me. And then I am supposed to trust that you will all still like me in the morning.

So, here goes:

1) I was a college sophomore before I realized that basketball had strategy and game plans. I thought it was a free-for-all, even on a professional level. I never heard the term "March Madness" until I was twenty-three.

2) I didn't have my first date and my first kiss until I was in college.

3) I've never been hospitalized, except when I was a baby and had an umbilical hernia repair. My mother had another baby by then, so she dropped me off and left me during the surgery and overnight because she had no choice. I was a year old.

4) I hate watching DVDs/videos at home. I even joined Netflix, thinking that would be convenient, but no, I haven't even watched the first movie they sent three or four weeks ago because I hate watching movies at home.

5) I read the newspaper and magazines in sequence, front to back. I fold over the page to keep my place in magazines. I never skip around.

6) I rarely listen to music at home. It's too loud here and I can't stand competing sounds.

That was surprisingly difficult to do . . . and I have decided I'm not all that weird, because I even bored myself writing that. My apologies to the blogosphere.

And because I am lame, I'm not tagging anyone . . . but feel free to tag yourself and let us know in the comments and I'll put a link to your blog right here:

Stephanie plays along at her blog, Adventures in Babywearing;

So does Kris over at
Kris's Korner of the World;

And here's Robin at her blog, A Little Bit of Me.

Look! Mary at Mary on a Mission posted about her weirdness, too.

Sue at Susie's Space adds her six cents, too.

[ space reserved for links to blogs playing along ]

7 Comments:

Blogger Stephanie Wilson she/her @babysteph said...

I'll play along- at Adventures in Babywearing

2:38 PM  
Blogger Gina said...

And here I have never tagged you because I thought you didn't do memes!

Hmmpfh...

I'm with you on the magazines. It is physically impossible for me to skip around. Even if there is a specific article I want to read.

Hang in there with Babygirl, my friend.

Hugs...

4:26 PM  
Blogger Susie said...

I'll play along. My husband also reads like you. I just thought it was "normal for him" (He's very methodical)

7:37 PM  
Blogger Jody said...

I love #'s 1 and 2! #1 is too funny and I think #2 is not weird but incredible sweet and rare in this society. Good for you!

6:33 AM  
Blogger Mary said...

I'll join in the fun at Mary on a Mission.

I understand the competing sound thing. I don't even like to hear the fan going when I'm cooking (I usually listen to music when I cook).

6:58 AM  
Blogger MissKris said...

Oh my word...just when I tell myself I'm done with memes forever, along comes another one I can't resist, lol! Weirdness appeals to something deep inside of me. So yeh...I'll play along.
Here's a link that'll take you to my site..just copy and paste to your browser, anyone who's interested:

www.misskris2005.bravejournal.com

11:03 AM  
Blogger Robin said...

I was memed out for a while, but this one is fun. I'll do it.

My husband reads magazines and newspapers front to back too. That IS weird. ;)

6:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Parents Blog Top Sites

Powered by Blogger

Listed on BlogShares