Tuesday, July 26, 2005

White versus Black

I realized with a spark of joy yesterday that my favorite babysitter now possesses a driver's license. And a car. So I called her and at 8:00 p.m., I left my house.

I wanted to see a movie--any movie, really--and so I saw "The Island."

I hope I don't spoil it for anyone, but here is the gist of the movie, the take-away kernel of truth:

Black pants truly are more slimming than white pants. In fact, even if you are Scarlett Johanson, your backside will look like a huge pear if you wear white pants coupled with a white body-skimming shirt.

6 Comments:

Blogger Kris said...

ROFL! I was thinking of going to see it, too. : ) Did you actually LIKE the movie, or were you just so overwhelmed by the freedom that you didn't notice?

hehe

3:54 PM  
Blogger Suzanne said...

Thanks for the tip! Yet I haven't owned white pants for years. Must have subconsciously known better.

Wait til it's your teen that's driving... will joy still spark? :)

Suzanne

7:50 PM  
Blogger red fish said...

I'm going to think twice before I wear my white capris again.

I hope your babysitter is a better driver than I was as a teen. I don't remember how many accidents I was in, but I managed to total the Fairmont twice. Why I'm still here and so many other teens never grew up is one of God's mysteries.

8:21 PM  
Blogger Melodee said...

About that movie. Yes, I liked it. Fast-paced, entertaining.

11:52 PM  
Blogger Cuppa said...

A huge pear you say? Hmmmm? And here I thought I looked so cute in my white capris!

5:42 AM  
Blogger Smoov said...

But DAMN Ewan McGregor looked hot in the white suits!

I saw the movie last night, I really liked it, but I knew I would before I saw it. I love movies about ethical issues, such as cloning. And I have a cruch on Ewan McGregor :)

2:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Parents Blog Top Sites

Powered by Blogger

Listed on BlogShares