Monday, July 18, 2005

Numbers

Children who attended Vacation Bible School today: 83
Volunteers at Vacation Bible School: 25
Dirty glasses in the kitchen: 17
Baskets of clean, wrinkled laundry: 2
Loads of dirty laundry: 7?
Glasses of Diet Coke consumed at anniversary dinner: 4
Years married to my husband: 18
Cats owned since wedding on July 18, 1987: 6
Cars owned during marriage: 6
Homes lived in since wedding: 8
States lived in since wedding: 4
Vacation Bible Schools I've been in charge of: 7
Jobs we've had during marriage: 13
Vacations involving airline travel and no kids: 1
Trips that included kids, hotels and traveling: 4
Hospital stays: Husband--twice (throat cancer);
TwinBoyA--once, corrective surgery when he was 3
Adoptions: 2
Births: 2
My shoe size on my wedding day: 8
Current shoe size: 9.5
Hours until I have to be back at church for Day Two, Vacation Bible School: 8.5

7 Comments:

Blogger Suzanne said...

Happy anniversary, Mel. :)

Suzanne

6:08 AM  
Blogger Gina said...

Wow, that is a pretty good adult to child ratio for Bible School.

And even though I have no Ronald McDonald shoes to gift you with, I hope you had a great anniversary outing with your husband.

By some miracle, my shoe size has stayed the same. But in a few years, who knows?

Just gotta get through this week Mel... :)

11:51 AM  
Blogger Judy said...

Happy Anniversary!

Think of it this way, your marriage is now old enough to graduate from high school!

My feet are the same as yours. It was that third child that did it for me!

11:56 AM  
Blogger Pilgrim said...

Mel,
Happy anniversary!
My shoe size went from 10 to an unfindable 10.5, after pregnancy.
Blessings to you for doing vacation Bible School. Those children will have those memories for years.

2:14 PM  
Blogger WifeMotherMe said...

Its official your super women!!! HAPPY ANNIVERSARY and what's the story behind the 13 jobs? Ya know just an idea for an entry if you feel the need to write something but have nothing to write

2:58 PM  
Blogger KGrams said...

I love lists and this one is the best! Happy Belated Anniversary.

Just remember, you can do this... only 3 more days of VBS and it will all be over.

4:57 PM  
Blogger Melissa said...

I love the LIST. I saw it originally on Journey to Gwen's blog. My shoe size has went from 7 1/2 to 8 1/2 in almost 8 years of marriage. Isn't VBS fun? This was my 2 year directing. I'm glad it's almost over by the time the first night the kids arrive.
www.aninvisiblethread.blogspot.com

5:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Parents Blog Top Sites

Powered by Blogger

Listed on BlogShares