Saturday, July 16, 2005

I Can't Think of a Title

One of my favorite sights in Texas was the disco ball hanging from a tree in the rural yard at my sister-in-law's house. A mirrored disco ball!

One of the funniest things I heard came on the day I was trying to convince my 12-year old twins to ride "Pirates of the Caribbean." This was after I coerced them into going on "Tower of Terror" and "Rock'n Roller Coaster." I said, "It's not even scary!" and TwinBoyB leaned closer to me and said in a serious voice, "Mom. We are scared of butterflies."

One of the coolest things I saw in Texas was a do-it-yourself carwash, which featured a stall for washing your dog. Brilliant idea.

Tonight, I was at the church using an overhead projector to make an elephant. I took the outline outside and spraypainted it behind the church, in the grass. I noted that the air was already chilly since the sun had set. What a difference a week makes--last Saturday, I was sweating in the Florida humidity and heat. I could never get used to the idea that the darkness of night doesn't bring cool air.

12 Comments:

Blogger Cuppa said...

Did the twins ride Pirates of the Caribbean? If it is that swinging boat thing, I can see why they would be afraid of it. I think that is the last ride I went on at Canada's Wonderland - an amusement park in Toronto.

I thought it looked like a fairly tame ride after the harrowing roller coaster I just got off, so I innocently got on! Big mistake. It was the worst ride I have ever been on and won't ever go near it again. I thought for sure I was going to fall out of it.

5:36 AM  
Blogger Donna said...

You get cool air?! I'm moving to Washington.

6:02 AM  
Blogger KGrams said...

What's cool air in July???

A mirrored disco ball hanging in a yard... now that is too funny.

7:40 AM  
Blogger Judy said...

Sacred of butterflies! That is so funny.

I'm sacred of butterflies too.

9:44 AM  
Blogger Judy said...

make that scared. twice.

i seem to fear intelligence also.

9:44 AM  
Blogger Pilgrim said...

I saw a ceiling fan hanging out of a large tree, on a home and garden show. Those southerners will try anything outdoors, it seems.

I also like the dog wash idea.

6:47 PM  
Blogger M3 said...

A disco ball hanging in the yard?! I think I want one of those. No I think I *need* one of those. Hm, wonder if it's prohibited by our HOA? They have all sorts of rules about how many animals you can have, what kind of trees you can plant, and where you can park your cars. But I'm pretty dang sure no one thought to write a rule prohibiting outdoor disco balls. So LOOK OUT!

Fun!

9:17 PM  
Blogger Suzanne said...

Cool air? That phenomenon does not exist naturally in my world this time of year.

6:39 AM  
Blogger Tina said...

How cute that he would say that they are scared of butterflies...I can see ruling out the Tower of Terror at that point.

2:08 PM  
Blogger Tina said...

Oops, I said it wrong. I guess it was too late to rule out the Tower of Terror at that point. The damage was already done. You know I meant Pirates....

2:09 PM  
Blogger Home's Jewels said...

Aren't we fortunate about the cool air in the evenings? My daughter was wondering what the weather was like where we used to live in VA Beach. I told her it was probably the same temperature (around 93), but with 100% humidity and of course the AC is run 24/7. I love the Pacific NW where we can eat dinner outside without the humidity and BUGS!! I don't see a whole lot of screened-in porches here! God's country, I say - God's country!

I'm glad it was YOUR trip to TX and not mine ;) There's no place like home, huh?

I'm getting the willies thinking about long toe nails. Headed off to bed and going to look for my nail clippers right now! Have fun at VBS - you glutton!

11:47 PM  
Blogger Paul said...

My CHURCH has a disco ball! Bought an old dance club... kept the lighting rig and one of the bars... church is very funny with a disco ball spinning during the worship.

http://stellarshowcase.durham.on.ca/brazil/images/freedom/discoball.jpg

:-)

8:10 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Parents Blog Top Sites

Powered by Blogger

Listed on BlogShares