Saturday, July 09, 2005

Boy, Do I Have Stories to Tell

Ever go on vacation and run into a hurricane? Well, me neither, but there's a first time for eveything. Even before our Amtrak train cancelled the return trip from Orland to Houston, leaving tomorrow, I'd decided that I would sooner gnaw off my own arm with my own teeth than ride the train again with a two-year-old. So, I have a flight scheduled to leave on Monday, all the way home to Seattle, where the temperature is a mild sixty-five or seventy degrees, as God intended summer should be.

Did I mention the heat index was 106 degrees yesterday here at the Happiest Place on Earth?

Well. Let's just say I hate saunas.

All that said, we have a lot of happy memories and some not so happy, like when I sat at in the midst of the Rainforest Cafe' with my three boys and cried. They didn't even notice for about twenty minutes. The next day, however, their behavior was impeccable. Nothing like a little emotional blackmail to whip kids into shape, especially when kicking them really hard in the shins is frowned upon.

So, I'll be home soon. This is costing me sixty-nine cents a minute or I might ramble on and on. See you soon.

8 Comments:

Blogger Gina said...

Oh Mel, I am crossing my fingers that you guys can actually leave Florida. I hope that Dennis does not leave you stranded there.

9:19 PM  
Blogger M3 said...

Good luck on the return trip home! Hope it's smooth and easy and free of tears (at least yours). :-)

12:02 PM  
Blogger Mrs. Darling said...

Oh my I do so feel for you! Times like that can be so stressful. You poor thing. Hurry back The Pacific Northwest awaits you. It's about 60 degrees here today with a cool breeze blowing.

6:22 PM  
Blogger Bethany said...

Awwww...you don't like our southern stormy weather?

And yes, I've run into several hurricanes while on vacation...I posted about one time here.

http://picturesquelife.com/?p=13

Sorry you didn't enjoy your trip though. At least Dennis wasn't as horrid as it seemed he might be!

And visit the south again...we don't *always* have hurricanes (but from the sound of it...we just might *this* year!)

9:51 PM  
Blogger Pilgrim said...

Mel,
We have to recuperate from our vacations, when we get home. Sounds like you will,too.
Welcome home. :-)
I'd like to be in the NW, too, instead of here in the MW, where it hovers around the high 80's.
Your children made a lot of memories, no doubt.

4:33 AM  
Blogger tab said...

instead of going on a vacation, you could do like we're doing and have a baby instead! (just kidding, kinda ;)

5:49 AM  
Blogger Tina said...

Looking forward to your stories....

8:40 AM  
Blogger Paul said...

Just came back from vacation too... (minus the crying children) :-P

2:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Parents Blog Top Sites

Powered by Blogger

Listed on BlogShares