Wednesday, June 22, 2005

Farewell!

The stockings are hung by the chimney with care . . . oh wait. Wrong month. Today is the longest day of the year--or was that yesterday and I missed it? Well, no matter. It's Vacation Eve!

We leave at 9:00 a.m. The place is scheduled to take off at 11:45 a.m. We'll arrive in Houston at 6:01 p.m., though it actually only takes about four hours to fly. I haven't told my almost-3 year old daughter that we're going because we have no framework or language to explain to her that we'll be away from home for three weeks. I'm pretty sure she'll be asking to go home way before it's time to go home. Like tomorrow night.

The house is as clean as it's going to get. My husband said, "Why does it matter if you clean the bathrooms?" and I said, "Because I want to come home to a clean house. Plus, if we die while we're gone, I don't want anyone to think we live like slobs."

Because if I'm dead, it will matter to me what people think.

Okay. Maybe not.

So, the bathrooms aren't as sparkling clean as I'd hoped, but I did get all the laundry done (IT'S A MIRACLE!), although I have at least 17 unmatched socks remaining.

I might have internet access while we're away (I do not have a laptop--isn't that alarming?). If so, I'll post a little something here or there. Otherwise, just picture me sweaty and pockmarked with mosquito bites, wearing a pair of extra-extra-large Mickey Mouse ears upon my frizzy hair. I'll be picturing you sitting in front of your computer screen, longing for my return.

Farewell!

11 Comments:

Blogger Suzanne said...

Don't die Mel. That will spoil the whole vacation! Then again... maybe dying will be the REAL vacation?

Have fun, be safe.

Suzanne

5:58 AM  
Blogger Tina said...

I'll be looking forward to vacation posts, and pictures. I hope you all have a wonderful time!

8:22 AM  
Blogger Gina said...

Count me in as someone who will definitely be longing for your return!

9:02 AM  
Blogger Mrs. Happy Housewife said...

I hope you have a great vacation. Enjoy returning to a clean house - at least until you unpack your bags. Will be waiting for your return because I love reading your blog.

10:23 AM  
Blogger Ociferswife said...

Yet another way we are alike! I must have a spotless house before leaving on vacations.

1:39 PM  
Blogger Amy said...

Have a good time, Mel. Looking forward to your return!

(Hey, I cleaned my house spic-and-span before we closed it up and fled from a hurricane. Smart or what?)

5:11 PM  
Blogger Christi said...

Have fun!

7:57 PM  
Blogger Eyes for Lies said...

Happy Holiday to you :)

8:26 AM  
Blogger Pilgrim said...

We are having 90+ degree heat here. My sympathies are with you in TX.

10:26 AM  
Blogger Mrs. Darling said...

Hurry back.

I too have to have my house lean before I leave. I'd totally go postal if I had to be gone and know that my house was messy~!

11:06 AM  
Blogger Pilgrim said...

Mel,
I am sitting in front of my computer, longing for your return.

10:58 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Parents Blog Top Sites

Powered by Blogger

Listed on BlogShares