Thursday, June 09, 2005

Eight! Six! Four! Two! Zero!

I am sick. Nothing life-threatening, of course, nothing warranting a full day in bed, just a sore throat--a really sore throat--a nagging cough, a stuffy nose and a headache.

And in the next week, I have to:

1) Finish up school with school-at-home boys;
2) Meet with decorating team for Vacation Bible School;
3) Run two separate meetings for Vacation Bible School volunteers (Saturday);
4) Type 40-60 pages of transcription;
5) Keep house tidy enough;
6) Stay on top of laundry;
7) Send two packages in the mail;
8) Prepare to leave town on June 23.

I have realized there is no way I will ever:

1) Get all the closets in the house cleaned out;
2) Sort, purge and organize storage room;
3) Pull all the weeds;
4) Lose sufficient amount of weight to look cute in my new swimsuit;
5) Leave house in pristine condition;
6) Win the Pulitzer Prize.

What I wish for:

1) Perfect health;
2) A clever birthday gift for my husband (44 years old today!), along with a delicious meal and perfect dessert;
3) The immediate end to school;
4) One entire day alone in my house;

What I have to do now:
1) Clean kitchen;
2) Wake up pre-teenagers still snoozing in their beds.

My motivation:
Zero.

12 Comments:

Blogger Kendra said...

Hang in there, Mel! Feel better soon!

9:30 AM  
Blogger Lora said...

Happy Birthday to your hubbie and good luck on the rest.

11:04 AM  
Blogger eyes_only4him said...

wow woman...I need a break just from reading all that...lol..dont fret...you will get done what truley needs to be done..all moms do:-)

11:31 AM  
Blogger Christi said...

Mel, hope you're feeling better soon, and that enough gets accomplished.

Hang in there!

11:45 AM  
Blogger Eyes for Lies said...

Oh lord, I hope I didn't give it to you (wink)! You sound like you are coming down with what I came down with (and still have).

It's a doozey. It sounds like you are in the beginning stages. Get LOTS OF REST (is that possible??)!

Out here in the Midwest, people are taking two to four weeks to get back on their feet!

I've been in bed now for 7 full days...

Get well -- before you totally get it!!!!!

11:57 AM  
Blogger Judy said...

Oh, no. I hope you feel better soon.

1:42 PM  
Blogger Christi said...

I completely feel you!

3:21 PM  
Blogger Gina said...

Mel, I hope that you can get enough rest to fight off whatever it is that you might be getting.

But then again, spending a few days in bed is not such a horrible thing, is it?

8:50 PM  
Blogger Feeble Knees said...

Feel better soon, & happy birthday to Hubby. Organized closets are highly overrrated...

5:24 AM  
Blogger Suzanne said...

I'd love a day in bed. Want me to take those germs off your hands, Mel?

And Elizabeth, tsk tsk tsk. Quit kicking Mel when she's down!

9:04 AM  
Blogger Pilgrim said...

Mel,
Take care of yourself. Eucalyptus bath and Vicks. Zinc and Vitamin C.

3:16 PM  
Blogger Tina said...

I'm sorry you have been sick...I hope you are feeling lots better now.

8:36 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Parents Blog Top Sites

Powered by Blogger

Listed on BlogShares