Thursday, June 16, 2005

Because I Am Nice Beyond The Call of Duty

I spent my evening driving to Seattle to pick up a car-load of my sister's cast-offs for my mother's garage sale which is to take place on Saturday. I left at 6:30 p.m. and returned home at 10:30 p.m.

I felt like I was in an endless car wash in the dark without my contacts in. I clutched the steering wheel and concentrated on not appearing on the eleven o'clock news as a fatality.

Tomorrow? No daycare kids. After I suffered a mild breakdown last night which included crying until my eyes were swollen and sleeping on the couch, my husband has rallied to my aid. Just in the nick of time. Now I shall not throw myself on the train tracks. The carpet cleaner will arrive at 2:00 p.m. My hair colorist will arrive at 6:00 p.m. Before those events, I hope to scratch off more items on my "To Do or Not To Do List."

Or not.

6 Comments:

Blogger Judy said...

Oh, Mel!

Hope you feel much better soon.

6:20 AM  
Blogger Tina said...

I hope you can figure out a way to shift a lot of things to the "not to do" list...(((Melodee)))

8:24 AM  
Blogger Eyes for Lies said...

You were really nice to do that! Without a doubt.

8:56 AM  
Blogger Gina said...

I hope you feel better today. If your couch is anything like mine, you must have been pretty low to even consider sleeping on it!

((Mel))

10:43 AM  
Blogger Pilgrim said...

Mel,
$150 and a hair job might get you here, to our "spare oom." I am not really a cook, but you are welcome to scour the fridge and cupboards, and lounge on the deck in the sun.
I hope you get a break.

12:37 PM  
Blogger Toni said...

Hi Mel!
I turned 40 on June 13th! Happy Birthday to you!

It's been such a busy week... that I've barely had time to think about this momentus event.

11:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Parents Blog Top Sites

Powered by Blogger

Listed on BlogShares