Monday, March 07, 2005

Mole-Whacking: A Follow-Up

Shocking, but true. My 5:30 a.m. walk this morning felt easier. I came home to a tidy house because I put stuff away before I went to bed last night. All I had to do after my shower was vacuum. DaycareKid arrived at 7:45 a.m., following by VisitingToddler and VisitingBaby at 8:15 a.m. By 8:30 a.m., CuteBaby arrived. I took him upstairs and put him down for his first nap. YoungestBoy left and I instructed the boys to take their literature assessments.

The babies took turns napping and while each one was awake, Babygirl held and rocked them and fed them bottles. At one point, my husband sat in the back yard with the toddlers while CuteBaby slept in his carseat and VisitingBaby napped upstairs. I mentioned to Barbara Curtis in an email that my day was going so well, despite my fears the night before.

Taking advantage of a lull in my day, I hurried to the laundry room to keep the laundry cycle moving. A gigantic foamy lake greeted me. My washing machine hose came loose again, emptying water onto the floor.

I opened the patio door and informed my long-suffering husband, "My washing machine leaked everywhere again." He said, "Well, the Wet-Vac is in the back of the van."

Bad news, good news. Last week, when I flooded the bathroom, we borrowed the Wet-Vac from friends. Lucky for me, we still had it.

I vacuumed up 24 gallons of water.

Moral of the story: Brag about your day and the laundry will take revenge.

At about 5:15 p.m., I paused and counted how many children had entered my home. Including the neighbor boys, eleven children. Eleven. (Here is where you are momentarily impressed and you think, how does she do it? and then I remind you one mole at a time and besides that, Barbara Curtis is the mother of twelve children, whereas I only mother four children and borrow the rest.)

3 Comments:

Blogger Cuppa said...

Good morning greetings to a rather soggy and damp Princess Mole Whacker. Hope today is dryer.

As I was reading your blog this morning I had a vague memory of something I read years ago about farmers flushing moles out and off their land, by flooding their holes with water. I am not sure what the lesson here is, but maybe it is "If you can't whack 'em, drown 'em!!"

6:47 AM  
Blogger Eyes for Lies said...

Whoa! You are one busy lady... Whew. I can't imagine.

7:39 AM  
Blogger Feeble Knees said...

Good grief! My hat's off to you and to Barbara. Hope tomorrow's a little less hectic?

4:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Parents Blog Top Sites

Powered by Blogger

Listed on BlogShares