Saturday, September 10, 2005

A Summary of the Boring Post I Deleted

I wrote a long post, but pretty soon, it sounded like this to me, "and so I . . . and then I . . . and I felt . . . . and blah blah blah blah blah." I bored even myself.

So, I'm going to just summarize.

All week, I've been suffering from a virus which is trying to kill me. My head aches even worse when I cough. I've been hot, then cold, feverish, then shivering. Each day seems worse. My daughter has it, too, and really, the only thing worse than being sick is being sick and having a sick whiny 3-year old begging you to hold her when you already are holding her.

What I hate is that when you are a mother and you are sick, the only part that matters is that you are a mother. You have no sick days, no one to stroke your forehead and bring you gingerale and tell you to just stay in bed all day.

I hate that.

8 Comments:

Blogger Pilgrim said...

Mel,
You need to slow down, take more vitamin C, and take care of yourself. You are getting sick too much. Maybe working in the church nursery too much.
Slow down!

4:18 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'd say "get well soon" but soon isn't soon enough as miserable as you and your daughter seem to be. Yuck.

Take care.

6:30 AM  
Blogger red fish said...

I wish I were there to take care of both of you. Sending love and prayers your way...

6:42 AM  
Blogger Anvilcloud said...

I know the kind of post you mean. Sometimes it's hard not to write those, but I also try hard not to.

I hope that your health improves soon.

8:47 AM  
Blogger Marguerite said...

Yep, I've deleted that kind of post, too.

Sorry you and baby girl are sick and hope your recovery is speedy.

I know that feeling of being sick and having sick children to care for and things that have to be done, even with a fever and splitting headache and not being able to stand up straight because of a stomach ache.

It's part of what turns mothers into strong people.

Sympathy.

10:07 AM  
Blogger Judy said...

I hope you are completely better soon.

And baby girl, too.

10:24 AM  
Blogger ...just-rambling... said...

Mel, I hope you feel better! If I lived closer, I would bring you gingerale and take care of everything so you can get some rest.

2:13 PM  
Blogger Gina said...

My grandmother insists that the ginger ale cannot be cold to be effective, it must be room temperature. Have you tried it at room temp? ;)

Just crossing my fingers that this killer virus does not wend its way down here. And of course, it had to hit just as your husband was going back to work.

I truly hope you feel better soon...

7:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Parents Blog Top Sites

Powered by Blogger

Listed on BlogShares