Wednesday, August 10, 2005

Digressing and blabbing and then, a great link!

I met a friend for dinner tonight. I've known her informally from message boards for quite a few years. We discovered we lived in the same area and tonight, we met for the first time.

She is much, much smarter than me and also doesn't ramble on and on as I do. I told a story about a decapitated hamster and also one about my parents taking away my Christmas puppy without warning me. My mother no longer remembers me even having that particular puppy named Midnight, but I was devastated. Did my parents not realize I might notice a missing puppy when I returned from school that day?

But I digress.

Which is what I did a lot over dinner. Sometimes I'd be in the middle of a freakishly long tale and realize I had forgotten the point. Or I'd stop for breath and wonder how I got started and if I have an off-button. I digress a lot when I'm chatting. And I have the weirdest stories that bubble up, unbidden.

Anyway.

Without further ado--and changing subjects abruptly--I offer up this blog for your reading pleasure. This man is a writer who is riding along with troops in Mosul, Iraq. (The father of the baby I watch each day is stationed in Mosul and has been since last October.) Fascinating first-person accounts, unlike anything you will read in the newspaper.

That's all.

3 Comments:

Blogger Eyes for Lies said...

I met up with a woman from the Internet this week too-- and I was like you -- babbling without reason or point! I felt like a dope.

I think it is because we don't get out enough. Don't you??

8:40 AM  
Blogger Pilgrim said...

Mel,
I have followed your example and subscribed to bloglines. (Someone told me they had put me on theirs, and I didn't know what they were talking about.)
Anyway, nice toy.

12:23 PM  
Blogger Darlene Schacht said...

Just popping through from Ginger's site and I noticed that you don't always return the cart either. Upon further inspection, I discovered we have much in common. I am forty, have four kids: 3 boys one girl and have a husband too, imagine that. I'm grown up with long straight hair by the way.

6:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Parents Blog Top Sites

Powered by Blogger

Listed on BlogShares