Tuesday, August 09, 2005

"Eleanor" Replies

I know. I know. I promised some judgments today.

But to amuse you, I thought I'd point out "Eleanor's" reply (I'd hate for you to miss the fun--I can't miss the fun because it arrives in my email box)--which lucky for us, includes her email address--not that I personally would email her. An email address doesn't really prove much. What I'd really like to read is her blog--or perhaps she doesn't have a blog, which would be sort of ironic, wouldn't it, that she would be stomping around here in my blog, hiding behind her anonymity, attempting to shame me when really, we have no idea if she's been out bombing abortion clinics, do we? Or if she's dressed in a Tigger costume at Disney World or if she's panhandling by freeway exits. "Eleanor" is suffering from a lack of biography and a lack of history.

Poor "Eleanor" has nothing to back her up. All we have to judge her by are her words, which (aside from being poorly punctuated and occasionally misspelled) do not show her in a very positive light. This is so sad it almost makes me feel sorry for her.

Perhaps "Eleanor" needs the Church of Scientology to whip her into shape. That and some vitamins. With iron. Maybe "Eleanor" is anemic.

At 10:19 PM, Eleanor said...
My, my...it would appear someone can dish it out, but cannot take it! Not surprising. Happily the "subtle" message of my post was not lost on you. My comments were intentionally rude, arrogant, inflammatory, and harsh to illustrate a point. Just like everyone, you really don't like being judged, stereotyped, or ridiculed. And yet, having spent considerable time reading through all your posts, you do this quite a lot. As do all your friends it would appear. Don't assume this is the way I ordinarily dialogue with people of contradictory beliefs. Quite frankly, you just pissed me off!

[Mel says: Why would I assume anything else? All you have to show for yourself are your self-admitted harsh comments! I am sure you'll be disappointed to hear how amused I was by your comments. And my "friends" will be disappointed to hear that you've lumped them all together, for they are a fairly diverse crowd. I did not judge, stereotype or ridicule Lance Armstrong in the first place, so at this point, I think you must have me confused with someone else. And yet, you spent over four hours reading my blog. Don't you have access to a library? Maybe you should check out some books since my writing so infuriates you.]

To be fair, my comments on The Commander & Chief were indeed based in my personal reality and thus, I have fallen victim to the evil judgement monster in all of us...touche! I still, however, think he is an ass!!!


[Mel says: I accept your apology.]

Hey, one last question. Did I miss some internantional rule of blogging that requires that persons who leave comments of opposing beliefs must leave their email address? No one who agrees with you leaves their emails that I can see. For your records I can be reached at...
xonacracker19@yahoo.com



[Mel says: If one wants to be taken seriously, one should leave an email address AND a link to one's blog. Almost everyone who comments on my blog leaves both. In fact, everyone who commented on this post is accessible by their blog URL or their email address. Common courtesy. Elizabeth disagrees with me on most everything, yet I know her email address and her blog URL. And I like Elizabeth a lot. I think she adds a lot of spice to my blog, and I appreciate diversity.]

Toodles, Eleanor
p.s. You should have been a school teacher. You seem obsessed with punctuation.



Well, what do you know? "Eleanor" ends her comments with a compliment--isn't obsession with punctuation a good thing? In my world, it is. Unless, of course, you overdo it with the exclamation mark! Which I have done a time or two! I just can't help myself when I get all narcissistic and judgmental and--lest I forget, sanctimonious!!!


So, "Eleanor," I accept your apology!!! Thanks for stopping by!!!! Have a fantastic day!!!



(And today's judgment: I tend to think people who don't capitalize are lazy. I KNOW! I know! Not true at all, but there you go. A random, unfair judgment. More tomorrow . . . anybody else care to share a judgment of their own?)

11 Comments:

Blogger Cindy said...

I can't help laughing out loud! Mel, you are so funny. I LOVE it.

11:52 PM  
Blogger Cathy said...

Well done Mel - love your work

1:50 AM  
Blogger Anvilcloud said...

Ooh, the capitalization thing drives me crazy, especially in blogging because it is being published -- it isn't simply a friendly email (which would still bother me but less).

From one who considers himself a friend despite the fact that he disagrees with you from time to time and has said so on his blog.

5:40 AM  
Blogger Anvilcloud said...

Oh yes, I think that those who can, punctuate. :)

5:42 AM  
Blogger methatiam said...

Mel:
Let me give you the URL to my favorite website - I think you will absolutely enjoy it. (no exclamation mark, though).
http://www.sourcetext.com/grammarian/

6:23 AM  
Blogger Motherhood for the Weak said...

Eleanor is of the delusion that

A) We care what she thinks

B) Believes we should

Actually, A is partly true since there is some entertainment value to her thoughts. It's like watching the blog version of a prat fall and a pie in the face combined. Classic blog troll.

Thankfully, The world does not and will never revolve around her opinion.

Nor does it revolve around anyone elses' opinions.

To think that it should implies a level of narcissism that requires medical intervention.

The people who understand the sun does not come out just to shine on them, are the ones who count, unfortunately Eleanor is not one of them.

But you are Mel.

Hugs
M

7:42 AM  
Blogger Mrs. Darling said...

How sad that Eleanor is so immature. By her own admission she purposely left a rude comment. Somebody didnt discipline her as as child. Being rude to people is usually dealt with in our children by the age of 4 or 5.

I think we should go easy on this girl since she obviously has not developed socially as she should have. Somewhere her developement has been stunted.

Either that or she comes from some remote native tribe from the outback and has no idea how civilization works.

Lay off her people! :)

4:36 PM  
Blogger rev-ed said...

Just a quick comment - I think you're wasting a lot of time dealing with comments like these. If it's not a real debate and is only a sniping contest it doesn't do anyone any good.

JMO.

5:39 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I'm a bit skeptical of anyone with a "personal reality."

Mel, have you read "Eats, Shoots & Leaves"? I think you'd enjoy it as much as I did.

7:49 PM  
Blogger Melodee said...

Rev-Ed--I'm sure you're right, but I do some things for the entertainment value alone.

Buddy--I have that book on my Wish List. (Well, I would if I had a Wish List.)

Everyone else--thanks for playing along.

10:59 PM  
Blogger cricket said...

I have figured out the problem...

"Eleanor" has no sense of humor. Coupled with her obvious difficulty in reading comprehension, is it any wonder she shoots off at the mouth with alarming regularity?

Mel, I am a longtime reader and first-time poster. You so graciously added me to your reciprocal blogroll, and it pains me to realize that I gave up my brand-new blogs almost immediately thereafter. What can I say? I have the attention span of a gnat.

Attention span aside, I love your blog, love your blog, love your blog. Pay no attention to the Eleanors of the world, all pessimism and sarcasm. You have fans who love your musings, whether they be judgements or ramblings or something in between. Count me among the many.

9:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Parents Blog Top Sites

Powered by Blogger

Listed on BlogShares