Wednesday, February 09, 2005

Underwear Hat Update

This afternoon, I was cleaning up and I heard a little thump, bump, tumble as Babygirl came down the stairs. I said, "Hey, are you all right?" and she said, "Yes," but then I heard a little gaspy cry. I went over to check on her and found her face completely obscured by underpants. She looked as if she was prepared to hold up the local 7-11, only she miscalculated and didn't rotate the underpants so the leg-holes corresponded with her eyeballs.

I picked her up and laughed under my breath, while I patted her back and mentioned, oh-so-casually, that if you are going to go down the stairs, you shouldn't pull underpants completely over your head.

Remember that. If you are going down the stairs, make sure the underpants on your head don't block your vision completely. Free advice.

7 Comments:

Blogger Anvilcloud said...

I, myself, have been panting for this information.

3:02 AM  
Blogger Judy said...

Glad she didn't get hurt! It would have been a fun one to explain to the medical community.

And, if you could please pass this on to Baby Girl, boy underwear works best. Turned just so, you can look very much like an undersea diver.

4:43 AM  
Blogger ilovecheese said...

how adorable!!
Murphy's Law #123 10 to 1 chances: when wearing own underpants with use of both hands and only one leg to support yourself , you will fall at the same time as when someone tries to open the door to the bathroom.

6:06 AM  
Blogger ilovecheese said...

how adorable!!
Murphy's Law #123 10 to 1 chances: when wearing own underpants with use of both hands and only one leg to support yourself , you will fall at the same time as when someone tries to open the door to the bathroom.

6:07 AM  
Blogger Cuppa said...

Oh, so that's been my problem all these years? Who knew? It's the simplest things that make such a big difference in safely getting up and down the stairs of life! Thanks for the morning chuckle.

On a more serious note. I would like your permission to print out a copy of your Sharks, Loss and Snowflakes blog to give to a couple of friends. I am meeting the friend who lost her dad, for lunch tomorrow. I would like to give her a snowflake card with your blog in it. Also meeting with us, is another friend who just got word that her daughter has cancer and will start chemo and other assorted treatments soon. I would like to give her a copy of your blog too. I will print it up with your blog address at the bottom and give you credit that way. Does that sound ok? Let me know if you want me to add any other type of credit to the copy I print. Thanks Mel.

8:34 AM  
Blogger Melodee said...

Cuppa,

That is absolutely fine with me. Now I feel a little self-conscious about it, like maybe I should review, revise and edit! Hey, if you find a little passive voice, would you please edit it? ;)

Also, I wanted to email you, but I couldn't figure out your email address--but thank you so much for your comments previously. I really appreciate it.

--Mel

8:47 AM  
Blogger Kenneth said...

This is how we learn about the world...
Q: What would happen if I wore my underpants on my head?
A: I fall down.
Q: What does dog food taste like?...

2:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Parents Blog Top Sites

Powered by Blogger

Listed on BlogShares