Tuesday, July 20, 2004

Look Away

I am crabby.  Really, really, really crabby.  So crabby that Child Protective Services should come to my front door and remove my children.  So crabby that the sound of my children eating popsicles annoys me.  Now they will be all sticky and a sticky cellophane wrapper will stick to my sock when I am least expecting it.
 
Everywhere I look, I see stuff I want to unsee.  I see piles needing organization.  I see messes needing cleaning.  I see crumbs needing sweeping.  I see children needing nail-clipping and tooth-brushing and lessons from Miss Manners.  I see unfolded laundry and wrinkled shirts.  A stack of videos balances precariously on top of the dusty television.  I've decided I am just going to dump my unread magazines into the recycling bin.  As soon as I shake this crabby lethargy.
 
Oh.  My.  I'm living in a Goodwill store. 
 
Tonight, I have to attend a meeting about a new school program.  At 6:30 p.m., with my almost-2 year old in tow.  That will be fun.  Big sigh.  Tomorrow night, I have another meeting.  When was it that I thought I'd gallivant around our beautiful state with the children?  That means no pool today, no pool tomorrow.  Thursday, maybe, is our zoo day.  The ocean is positively out of the question since Friday--my day "off" with no daycare baby to care for--is the day my husband returns and then we're having a barbecue at the pool with our friends that evening.  And I have to make and take all the food.  In my spare time.
 
I'm such a whiner.  Please.  Someone, shake me. 
 
And make it a chocolate malt, if you don't mind. 

3 Comments:

Blogger Smoov said...

That is weird, is there another Stacy who reads your journal? I didn't make the other comment about the Salvation Army house! Anyway, can I come to your BBQ?
Stacy -(smvonbelay)

5:17 PM  
Blogger Melodee said...

Stacy, meet Stacy. Stacy, meet Stacy. Stacy meet Stacy. There. That should do it. I think there are three Stacys here now. ;) And please, do join me at my barbecue! It's supposed to be 90 degrees and no humidity on Friday!

5:46 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Did someone say BBQ? I will be there. I will bring dessert!~ Jen

7:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Parents Blog Top Sites

Powered by Blogger

Listed on BlogShares