Tuesday, April 20, 2004

Stuff That Really, Really Drives Me Crazy

1) Break-downs of major appliances. My trash compactor decided to go on strike. Unfair labor practices or something. Well, too bad for Mr. Trash Compactor. He's going straight to the landfill where he can lounge around with refrigerators who freeze eggs and washing machines who will no longer agitate. I paid Mr. Sears Fix-It Guy a hundred bucks last time Mr. Trash Compactor quit working. I will not pay anymore. Mr. Trash Compactor, buh-bye!

2) Bowls and glasses which break upon impact. Geesh, I'm so sick of sweeping up broken glass and then vacuuming up the remaining shards so baby feet will not be punctured.

3) Gritty floors.

4) My boys' horrible aim. Now, listen. I don't have one of those things, but I have used the garden hose and it's just not that difficult to hit a target! I'm sick to death of my boys' bathroom which smells exactly like an outhouse. I don't camp because I hate the stench of outhouses.

5) Really bad, stupid, inattentive drivers. But we all hate them, so I will move on to number six.

6) Stubbing my toes on errant shoes. Why can't people at least kick their shoes out of the path of my feet? Seriously? When I kick off my shoes--which admittedly, I leave in every room of the house--I put them in corners and tuck them into nooks so no one will trip over them. No one extends this same courtesy to me.

7) Thinking up dinner plans every night. Preparing dinner every night. Hearing people say about dinner, "Ewwwww, that's nasty."

8) My kids discarding their trash randomly. Mr. Trash Compactor probably quit working in response to my kids' complete disregard to his feelings. The only person who likes to put trash in the compactor is Babygirl. But then again, that wasn't trash she just put in there.

9) Late people. I am not exactly always prompt, unless I'm with my husband, Mr. Fifteen Minutes Early, but I do arrive at my appointments and obligations within five minutes of the start-time. My siblings think that if you merely arrive on the same day. that's close enough. That's why we had Easter Dinner at noon. And 1 p.m. And 2 p.m. My sister brought her kids' to YoungestBoy's fifth birthday party an hour late. And it was a small party. She arrives chronically late to work--forty-five minutes, an hour, whatever, and takes my neice and nephew to school late. Every day. My sisters and my brother claim this is a family trait, but it's not. It's just rude and inexcusable.

10) Doing things out of order. I am sequential by nature and I tend to get frazzled when I have to do something in the wrong order. I get crazed when I am interrupted ten thousand times in the middle of something.

This explains my general insanity. Stay tuned for even more exciting details and enter our sweepstakes to win a stay at Western State, Washington's finest mental institution!
Parents Blog Top Sites

Powered by Blogger

Listed on BlogShares