Sunday, March 14, 2004

Me and My Shadows



Babygirl loves to stand on the bathroom counter while I attempt to disguise the circles under my eyes and tame my wild hair. I buy her cooperation by sharing various cosmetics. The other day, I gave her eye shadow. She wanted it opened. I flipped it open.

To my utter amazement, she put eye shadow on her eyelids. She looked bruised when she was finished. She has also curled her eyelashes and powered her nose. Her dad asked me later, "Does she have a bruise around her eye?" I said, "Oh, no, she's just wearing eye-shadow" as if that is a normal thing for an 18 month old to do.

This morning, Babygirl insisted on stepping into the shower with me. Then she got annoyed that the water kept spraying in her eyes. She'd gesture towards the towel and when I put it in reach, she'd dab her face with it. Mind you, she was completely dressed. I tried to shower and use my body to block the spray, but as it turns out, it's fairly complicated to shower with a small person at your feet who is trying to stay dry. She finally left the shower wailing her unhappiness.

Me and my shadow. Speaking of Shadow the Cat--today I strolled Babygirl over to the neighbor's house to ask her if we could retrieve some of our balls from her back yard. As we were chatting at her front door, our cat, Shadow, came up and she said, "Oh, is this your cat?" and I said, "Yes. He's overly friendly."

Using that as his cue, he slipped into her house! After we tossed the balls over the back yard fence, she met us at the back door, with Shadow prancing behind her, tail flying high. When she handed him to me, he was purring. He apparently didn't get the memo about cats being skittish and leary of new places. Weirdo.

Parents Blog Top Sites

Powered by Blogger

Listed on BlogShares