Thursday, January 08, 2004

The Idiots on the "Maury" Show

I know. Can you believe that I--a bright, middle-aged mother of four children--actually watch daytime television? How can that be? Well, the middle of the day used to be the time when I put my baby down for a long nap. I would watch half of "People's Court" and then she'd be sound asleep. Those days are gone.

Now, she snoozes for a short time or no time at all (like today) and then she's ready for play! I nurse her and then if she falls asleep in my arms, I hold her and continue to watch whatever's on. (If I lay her down, she wakes up. I've tried that, believe me.) Lately, "People's Court" has been reruns, so I've been watching Maury, which has been horrifying. Almost every single day there is a mother who is trying to figure out which man is the father of her baby (or babies). Yesterday, a mother failed to locate her "baby daddy" after eight attempts. Eight attempts. This woman slept with over 8 men in a two week period? What is this world coming to?

Even the women who aren't sure which of only two men are their baby's father . . . uh, excuse me? When did it become acceptable to have sex with more than one partner? This is a perfect example of why it's just wrong and foolish and plainly stupid to have sex outside of marriage. These women are making so many mistakes that they clearly need a good shaking. Of course, they were probably raised in similar homes, so can you really blame them?

All the same, it's disturbing to see such a concentration of stupid people in one place and to see men represented solely by losers who are ruled by their reproductive organs. Idiots. (And I say that in the nicest way possible.) I feel like I need to wash my hands after watching a show like that.

And that, my friends, is my judgmental rant for the day.
Parents Blog Top Sites

Powered by Blogger

Listed on BlogShares