Monday, January 05, 2004

Multi-tasking and the Crocodile Hunter

We are waiting for snow. School has been canceled in anticipation of this big event. I live near Seattle, after all, where snow does not routinely fall. I had to laugh at the news--they were showing people at the grocery stores stocking up for the Big Storm. Uh, hello? Newsflash! The snow will be melting within twenty-four hours.

Anyway. Any excuse to prolong Christmas vacation, I guess. School started two hours late today and I still can't figure out why. The icy streets were only about twenty degrees, but so? The kids lounged about, watching television and playing Nintendo before school, a very unusual event, indeed.

And now, a few words about Steve Irwin, the "Crocodile Hunter." Here's a link to the news story.

First of all, the man was merely multi-tasking. He was holding his baby in one arm while feeding a crocodile with the other. I'm guessing Katie Couric never had to multi-task when her babies were young or she wouldn't have shaken her head with such disdain at the video clip of the Croc Hunter's "bad judgment."

I'd like to confess right now that I have endangered my babies lives.

While holding them, I have:

1) Ironed clothes with a steaming iron, "cotton" setting;
2) Peeled and sliced potatoes;
3) Stirred a boiling pot of food;
4) Fried bacon;
5) Put on eyeliner (good gosh, you could put out an eye!).

Could there be more? Does it matter? At any time, I could have slipped and dropped my baby into the hot steaming water or perhaps I could have sliced off a baby toe with my chef's knife. In response to Matt Lauer's suggestion that the Croc Hunter could have slipped and fallen, thus turning Baby Bob into crocodile dessert, the Croc Hunter pointed out that a meteor would have to hit Australia before he'd accidentally slip and endanger his baby. I agree.

I bet Michael Jackson's Public Relations Team cheered when they heard about the Crocodile Hunter's foolishness. They couldn't have planned a better stunt to take the focus off the self-proclaimed "King of Pop" (the freak).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Parents Blog Top Sites

Powered by Blogger

Listed on BlogShares