Thursday, April 27, 2006

Farewell, Dear Tulip


Oh, Tulip, I hardly knew you and now you lie trampled on the ground, broken down in the prime of your life, never to bloom again. Well, until next spring, that is.

At least I still have you, my lone back yard tulip. Be strong! I will remind the boys to watch their step while they swing their bamboo sticks magical swords, less they pop your head off, too.

* * *

Here are the things that irritated me so much today that I yelled like a lunatic:

1) One of my 13-year olds spilled a box of one thousand toothpicks into a kitchen drawer in his quest to get one toothpick. He left the box askew and the drawer open.

2) My daughter accidentally peed on the freshly shampooed carpet.

I may have overreacted because I've been the sole parent in charge for three solid days now, plus two days last weekend and last night I didn't go to bed until 1:00 a.m. because I am foolish. Saturday, when my husband returns, I'm out of here!

Lest I snap off someone's head, just like that poor tulip.

7 Comments:

Blogger Gina said...

Hang in there, only one more day!

But really, the toothpick thing would have gotten to me on any day.

10:54 PM  
Blogger Leslee said...

Oh, if you could only see me now, I'm crying like a crazy woman. I'm serious, people are starting to stare. Of course these people are only figments of my imagination, but still they're staring at me. I hate to see a perfectly good flower trampled down like that. Oh the horror!!!!

I've had days like that too, hang in there. If you lived closer I'd kidnap you for some kid-free coffee and shopping on Saturday!

6:52 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think it's sad that tulips don't stick around longer than they do - They are so beautiful!

7:14 AM  
Blogger KMae said...

hehehe!

7:23 AM  
Blogger Deb Heller said...

Uh-oh. Getting a little testy, I see. Well, when hubby gets home, go kick up your heels and have a little FUN.

You deserve it.

Treat yourself to a nice lunch. Lay in the sun (there is sun up there, right?), and just relax. Enjoy. Be.

11:07 AM  
Blogger ... Paige said...

Ok so first I did laugh out loud. but on second look all I can say I'm sorry. Something like that always happened after I shampooed the carpet too.-coke;poop;beer; s-gettie
Hang in there Saturday is just around the corner in fact today is Saturday EVE. Yeah!

11:11 AM  
Blogger Shalee said...

I think you can, I think you can, I think you can...

Breathe and lock yourself in the bathroom if necessary.

1:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Parents Blog Top Sites

Powered by Blogger

Listed on BlogShares