Saturday, August 20, 2005

Garage Sale Bargains

Here are my garage sale bargains, purchased today:

Lane recliner, same shade of green as my current recliner. Perfect condition. Overstuffed, rocks and reclines. $10

Memorex television, medium size. Works great. $10

Rubber stamps, large zip-loc bag full. $2

Chunky stamps for walls, including entire alphabet. $2

Videos (Blue's Clues, Tigger movie), 50 cents each.

Books (Too many to list), 25 or 50 cents each.

Garden tools, bread machine (used twice), basket of real eggs (emu, rhea, peasant), leather gardening gloves, $17 total.

Cordless electric hedgetrimmer, $15.

Raggedy Ann and Raggedy Andy (Playskool), $1.

Brand new box containing Pledge Grab-it sweeper and 10 cloths, $1.

Spending a morning alone in the car, priceless.

(I am totally the most boring blogger on the internet tonight. My most sincere apologies.)

11 Comments:

Blogger Anvilcloud said...

At least you can think of something to blog about and have the energy to write. Lots of spam comments up above.

7:35 AM  
Blogger M3 said...

Where the heck do you garage sale, anyhow? That stuff is great! Whenever I go (granted it's late and already picked over because I don't ever plan ahead) all I find are old nasty clothes and mismatched tupperware. I'm coming with you next time, I'll bring the breakfast brownies.

7:41 AM  
Blogger KGrams said...

Totally not boring at all. You got some really great buys, I'm jealous at your garage sale luck.

P.S. Several other blogs that I read and mine got spammed this week also. These guys are a real pain.

7:47 AM  
Blogger Stacy said...

Awesome stuff you found. My best garage sale find ever? Wall paper that was already cut and fit my kitchen exactly. Price: $1.

By the way, I'm back after a 6 month absence and am starting up my blog again. You can visit me at aseason4everything.blogsome.com

5:27 PM  
Blogger Pilgrim said...

That Lane recliner was a steal.

6:19 PM  
Blogger Christi said...

My best garage sale find: a leather jacket worth $500, brand new, for $40.

Those are great finds, though. I wish I could drag myself out of bed early enough to go garage sale shopping!

What are real eggs, btw? Are they for eating or what?

7:58 PM  
Blogger Cindy said...

HOLY CRAP, I totally need to go to a garage sale!!!

12:29 AM  
Blogger LDR said...

When Garage Saling is made an Olympic Event, I want you to represent the USA -- it appears that you are amongst the elite already! Wow, what a haul!

I found that the Betty Crocker magazine-type Bread Machine Cookbook is the quickest, easiest and most realistic. I'd be glad to share recipes with you if you want some!

8:32 AM  
Blogger Shelly said...

I'm so jealous. Looks like you made off with some great loot. Ours were lame, lame, lame this weekend!

Plus, no kids in tow! Wow!!! Shopping as God intended it.

11:37 AM  
Blogger Judy said...

I haven't gone to a garage sale yet this year. I've done well at the thrift stores though.

I've bought 30 like-new sleepers for the expected grandchild in sizes 3 months - 9 months.

Not much makes me happier than finding a bargain.

You done good!

4:42 PM  
Blogger Marisa said...

I miss garage sales! I hit the thriftstores often, but I've never found good garage sales in Philly.

6:11 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Parents Blog Top Sites

Powered by Blogger

Listed on BlogShares