Sunday, October 10, 2004

Oh Gnome!

My six year old son came rushing into the room yesterday, a stricken look on his face. "Mom, are you going to kill me? Are you going to take all my allowance?"

"What happened?" I said.

"I was looking out the window in the baby's room and I accidentally broke her gnome. I didn't mean to, mom!" Gnome had been sitting in the windowsill, right before he plunged to his death on the wooden blocks below.

Babygirl sat on my bed pillows, blissfully unaware of this tragedy. I hurried to her room and picked up the shattered pieces of the gnome and had YoungestBoy vacuum up the shards. Out of sight, out of mind. So far, Babygirl hasn't noticed.

I guess I'll be gnome-shopping in my spare time.

1 Comments:

Blogger Tina said...

I'm sorry about the poor gnome....
I think out of sight, out of mind is generally the rule for two year olds...

7:05 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Parents Blog Top Sites

Powered by Blogger

Listed on BlogShares