Thursday, September 30, 2004

I'm Okay, You're Okay

I feel so much better today. I'm post-scratchy throat and I finished reading a novel (The Secret History). No more headache and I didn't even cry once today, this despite the fact that my daughter did not take a nap--again. She stomps her foot once while saying, "I don't want to go night-night!" That's what she says in the mornings, too, when I open her bedroom door to find her standing in her crib with her denim Old Navy baseball cap sitting backwards on her blond head.

She's a cute one, that girl.

Tomorrow is my Friday with no DaycareKid and I have hatched a plan to go to the consignment store to pick up my loot--cash and clothes they won't take. I'll bribe the boys to "do" school efficiently and whisk us away from our house on a little outing. Boring for them, change of scenery for me.

And we all know I need a change of scenery, coupled with a change in attitude. And more change in my pockets wouldn't hurt, either.

1 Comments:

Blogger Suzanne said...

I'm with Sissy. We're overdue for an update on the homeschooling project. Did the history curriculum ever arrive? Is it working out for everyone? Are you all having fun?!? Are your boys enjoying it? Is it all you hoped it would be and more?

Inquiring minds and all. :)

4:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Parents Blog Top Sites

Powered by Blogger

Listed on BlogShares