Wednesday, September 22, 2004

Drat

2:53 p.m. Just as I am about to write a touching, moving, hilarious yet dignified entry about the fifteenth anniversary of my dad's death--his deathday, as I like to call it--my baby woke up.

This schooling at home stuff is cramping my style. Next thing you know, I'll be putting up homegrown peaches in sparkling canning jars and wearing long, full skirts I sewed myself on my treadle sewing machine. What have I become?

I'll be back later.

Tonight. Only five hours until the baby's bedtime.

1 Comments:

Blogger Tina said...

I can't believe you wrote about preserving peaches in this entry...when that is what I have been doing! Well, there are no sparkling jars here...just ziploc bags...What my grandmother would have given to do it with those.. ;) She was probably wearing some long homemade skirts too...and might have been envious of the capri jeans I wear instead. I actually like being the updated version of the old fashioned mom...

I hope that the homeschooling comes along all right. I also look forward to that entry you were going to write...and hope you have peace and comfort as you remember your dad...

4:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Parents Blog Top Sites

Powered by Blogger

Listed on BlogShares