Sunday, September 19, 2004

Better Than Alcohol

Although a commenter suggested I need a margarita, I believe I had something even better today. Today, I had a lot of laughs, unexpected laughs, at the baby shower I attended. Who wouldn't laugh at the military wife mimicking her Ranger husband's terror during her impending birth? Oh my. Funny, funny women!

And tomorrow I'm taking my boys to the fair, where we will ride the scary rides, eat junk food, waste our money on carnival games and avoid all agricultural displays. Alas, the boys don't care about how perfectly the 4-H clubs can arrange produce, nor do they want to watch a wool-spinning demonstration or marvel at the tall horses.

Babygirl will stay home with my husband for her third day in a row. She's too young to remember and she would be overwhelmed by the sights and sounds and smells of the fair.

So, if you don't hear from me, you'll know I joined the carnival. Or I'm stuck on the very tippy-top of a ride. Or I've taken the commenter's suggestion and I'm completely intoxicated on margaritas, too intoxicated to write.

2 Comments:

Blogger Suzanne said...

Have a wonderful day at the fair! It's almost like a day off. Almost? :)

5:01 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Isn't it great how a little joking and a break, give you new life to take care of your family! Glad you had one!

10:32 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Parents Blog Top Sites

Powered by Blogger

Listed on BlogShares