Thursday, April 01, 2004

April Fools? Please?

My kindergartener told me he had a terrible day at school. It was picture day and he told me the photographer made him say "I love you" and all his classmates laughed at him (except for his friends). I kept questioning him and he told me more and more and I was trying to be motherly and helpful by saying, "Well, sometimes people aren't laughing at you, they're laughing with you." And he said, "No, they were laughing at me."

We talked at length and then he finally grinned and said, "April Fools!" He was so pleased that he "got me."

TwinBoyB brought a friend home with him from school. He and Dustin played basketball outside, rode bikes around the block, played the piano. For two hours, they played and played. The second Dustin left at 5:30 p.m., TwinBoyB grabbed his forehead and declared he was sick, very very sick.

I laughed. He said, "Mom, don't laugh at me." Apparently, he is actually sick? Why can't my kids all be sick at the same time? Why do we have to drag it out for weeks and weeks? Please, please let this be an April Fools joke.

TwinBoyb later said, "Mom, sometimes I worry that when I'm dead I will really miss you." I said, "When you are dead?" Tears filled his eyes. "Yes, and it makes me really sad." Then YoungestBoy piped up and said, "Yes, I'll miss you, too, when I'm dead!"

I said, "Hey, I'm not going to die until I'm an old woman and you won't die until you're an old man." God, please let that be true!

On a completely-not-joking note, my throat still hurts, though a bit less than yesterday. I might survive this sore throat.
Parents Blog Top Sites

Powered by Blogger

Listed on BlogShares