Wednesday, May 03, 2006

A Word of Advice to Katharine McPhee and Newscasters Everywhere

So last night Katharine McPhee sang an entire song on American Idol while writhing on her knees. While I appreciated her blue toenail polish, I found her performance disconcerting. Why the knees? Why the floor? Why?

I wanted Katharine to stand up. Just stand.

On the other hand, the local newscasters, as well as national newscasters, have begun to stand through the entire newscast. I wish they would just sit down. Their casual standing delivery of the news forces me to change the channel because I cannot stand to watch them stand.

So, to sum up:

1) Singers should not kneel. They should stand.
2) Newscasters should not stand. They should sit.

Pass along the word. Thank you.

3 Comments:

Blogger Amie said...

Yeah, I was kinda wondering about that Kathrine crawing on the floor thing too. I liked the song, but I think my husband liked the writhering a little too much, maybe that was the point???

4:51 AM  
Blogger Allen Snook said...

i noticed that on komo too - and it seems to be compounded when they're standing and switch to another camera, turning their entire body. it does seem weird. but then i remember that i detest television and turn it off :)

8:34 AM  
Blogger Suzanne said...

I dunno Mel. I rather enjoyed Katharine on her knees.

6:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Parents Blog Top Sites

Powered by Blogger

Listed on BlogShares