Monday, May 17, 2004

An Update

My husband came home for a short time and told me that J____ had stabilized. Unfortunately, not for long and my husband returned to the hospital. He just called me to say that the man died.

I think of his wife, now a widow. She did CPR on him this morning to keep him alive until the ambulance came.

They were married a long, long time. They liked to square-dance until she hurt her back. They raised children and doted on their grandchildren. For fun, they took their huge R.V. on vacations, when they weren't going on cruises. He served in World War II. None of this will be a comfort to her right now, but I hope that as the days pass, the memories of their happy life together will surround her like a soft hug.


(DaycareKid went down for his nap at 1 p.m. as usual. Babygirl is awake. It's going to be a long time until 8 p.m.!)

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

It sounds like they had a wonderful life together...it seems like that should be able to bring her peace at some point...
~Tina

11:23 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Parents Blog Top Sites

Powered by Blogger

Listed on BlogShares