Thursday, January 22, 2004

I've Fallen Off the Wagon Already

Yeah. So much for grand proclamations about riding the exercise bike everyday. I am not exercising today. But the time I remembered, it was 9 p.m. and I whined to my husband, "I am just too tired!"

I started my day off at 3:12 a.m. when Babygirl woke up crying. I have no idea why she woke up, but I spent 10 minutes in her room before trudging back to bed. Then, DaycareKid showed up early at 7:10 a.m. and I was barely dressed. My hair was still wet.

At only 7:15 a.m. with Babygirl still sleeping, I checked my email while DaycareKid played here in the family room. At 7:55 a.m., while watching television with YoungestBoy and nursing Babygirl, I looked at the clock and thought "Uh-oh! I didn't wake up the twins!" I normally wake them up at 7:30 a.m. so they can be ready to leave by 8 a.m. School starts at 8:25 a.m., but they like to be early.

They were so mad that I woke them up late. Oh dear. I just completely forgot to wake them up!

Then they were gone.

We went outside right away. Before 9 a.m. Babygirl, DaycareKid and I were outside freezing our bippies off. YoungestBoy came out in his pajamas and rubber boots and discovered that the water he'd put in the old dog bowl had a coat of ice on it. Did I mention that it was freezing? DaycareKid seems very unhappy and I figure he's cold, so after twenty minutes or so I lure them inside with a promise of watching "The Wiggles."

DaycareKid spent the entire morning being unusually unhappy. He stood and cried. He sat and cried. He stumbled around and cried. Poor kid. I couldn't figure out what was wrong with him. He whined for a drink and then wouldn't drink it. He carried around his snack, but wouldn't eat it. Finally, at 10:45 a.m., I thought, maybe he is just really hungry. I fed him lunch. He ate, then cried. I began to wonder if he was coming down with something. I felt a swollen gland in his neck and I thought he seemed warm. At 11:30 a.m. (an hour earlier than usual), I put him to bed. He fell right asleep.

His mother picked him up early at 3 p.m. He had a pre-existing doctor's appointment for a well-baby check-up. I told his mother that he seemed very unhappy and I wondered if he was overly tired? Or sick? She called me later in the day and told me that the doctor found DaycareKid had a throat infection and a fever, but that it wasn't strep and that he wasn't contagious. I can only hope!

A sick daycare baby is the major drawback to having a daycare baby. I hate it when he brings germs to my baby! Sigh.

At noon, I suddenly realize that YoungestBoy didn't do his homework yet and by then it was too late. What is wrong with my brain? I just can't remember anything today!

Must be old age approaching. Next Wednesday I turn 39.
Parents Blog Top Sites

Powered by Blogger

Listed on BlogShares