Wednesday, August 25, 2004

Post-Weight Watchers Grocery Shopping

Tonight, I went back to Weight Watchers. I had been absent for three weeks because of one thing or another. (Pringles, mostly, hardy-har-har.) Anyway, I gained two pounds, which--believe me, was actually fairly good news considering my un-Weight Watchers behavior the past three weeks.

After Weight Watchers, I headed to the grocery store, desperate for provisions (since I ate everything in the house--just kidding!). They've remodeled the grocery store closest to my house and for that reason, I wandered up and down most every aisle, picking out fat-free chili and skim milk and mini-Oreos (for the kids, wink-wink).

My cart was about half full when I glanced over and saw my Weight Watchers leader, Dianna. Instinctively, reflexively, without even a conscious thought, I averted my eyes and violently swerved my cart in the opposite direction as if I committed a felony by picking out food for purchase.

I know. I have some issues regarding food. Funny, huh?

Now, back to my "Caramel Honey" walls (or "Honey Caramel"--who can remember? I just know that I want to dip apples in the paint).

I put a second coat of paint on during nap-time today. This is what we used to paint. It's a miracle, I'm telling you! If you are going to paint, buy one of these Paint Sticks. No drips, no drabs, easy as caramel-honey pie!

As for the color--picture the orange-yellow color that Little Tikes (the toy company) uses in so many of its toys. Like this basketball hoop. That's the color of my walls. The intensity, anyways. Maybe slightly more orange.

When my friend stopped by the other day and I mentioned I was going to paint my walls the color of my hideous second-hand couch, she looked aghast. I said, "Well, my theory is that if I paint the walls that color, my couch will disappear." She looked completely unconvinced, but I was right. My couch is all but invisible now, sitting against my vivid walls.

For an accent piece, I'm thinking of moving the Little Tikes basketball hoop next to the couch.

Just kidding. What I really want are purple velvet pillows and new luxurious cream-colored carpet. Cream. And Honey. All I need now is a little hazelnut fudge topping and Granny Smith apples.

(Oh, and by the way, why has my profile and picture and list of blogs and everything slipped down the page? Or is it just my computer which displays my blog incorrectly? Does anyone know?)

3 Comments:

Blogger Suzanne said...

I agree with Stacy, it has something to do with your width. I've had it happen to me, but I had added something to my sidebar that was too wide for the space. Have you added anything new to it of late?

3:24 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Why not recover the couch you hate?? Depending on the design it can be as simple as a staple gun and lots of fabric!

8:02 PM  
Blogger Melodee said...

Well, if I recovered the couch now, it wouldn't match my walls! ;) I thought it would be easier to paint the walls than to recover the couch--and cheaper, too.

9:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Parents Blog Top Sites

Powered by Blogger

Listed on BlogShares