Sunday, July 04, 2004

Too Much of a Good Thing

Here's what is Too Much of a Good Thing: My daughter, the almost 2-year old Babygirl, at 6:00 p.m. on a Sunday night.

I have just had enough of her by then.

The darling is asleep now at 8:20 p.m. . . . a two full hours before fireworks are scheduled to begin. My husband will stay home while she sleeps and I will take my boys to my mother's house to view the "rocket's red glare." She has a view of the Puget Sound where pyrotechnics will light up the night sky.

Babygirl also slept through today's parade at 1:00 p.m. After church, we strolled through the three blocks of the street fair, bought nachos and then I left the boys with my husband, came home and put Babygirl down for a nap.

I enjoyed a gloriously quiet (though messy) house for two hours, which was way better than a parade. Even though I do love a small-town parade, I love solitude even more.

I might just be a recluse in my old age. Or maybe by then, I will have recovered from having Too Much of a Good Thing and my appetite for non-stop human interaction will return.

I'm looking forward to Independence Day--and by that, I mean my Empty Nest, which will occur in only 16 more years. Not that I'm counting. Really.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Parents Blog Top Sites

Powered by Blogger

Listed on BlogShares