Monday, May 03, 2004

Stuff I Wanted to Mention

1) Tonight as I drive to the store for a couple of things, I notice duck, a mallard duck, crossing the road at an odd place. No pond, no wilderness, no water. But a duck. On the way back, I notice a truck pull to the side of the road and a man hurry out of the driver's side. He walks across the road and picks up . . . a dead duck. As I pass this scene, I see a second duck on the side of the road, alive. A widow? I don't know, but I thought that dead duck was so sad.

2) My cat is missing. This is the third day. No sign of him. Sigh.

3) Why do women go really blond after they lose substantial amounts of weight? Carnie Wilson, for instance. Why? Why do they make The Swan contestants blonder? What's up with that? Do blond women just look thinner?

4) My kids have been saying things like, "Mom! He said the C-word!" Or "Mom, he said the F-word!" Or "Mom! He said the N-word!" The thing is, they don't know any actual cuss words. The "F-word" is Fart. Et cetera. These kids crack me up.

5) Babygirl is afraid of weeds. She freezes and points and jabbers if she encouters a firece-looking weed in our yard. Unfortunately, there are many warrior-weeds, waiting to conquer the back yard.
Parents Blog Top Sites

Powered by Blogger

Listed on BlogShares