Wednesday, April 28, 2004

Is it a crime?

Is it a crime to wish that the boys wouldn't come home from school today? I would like the quiet afternoon to stretch into the evening without the noise and mess of boys.

Well, they are home.

TwinBoyB: "Mom, what does the word constipated mean?"

Oh please, someone, save me. Or whisk me away to Moorea to snorkel in the South Pacific sea.

TwinBoyA: "Mom, he just took the entire box of Cheez-Its!"

I wish I could lay in the weak sun all afternoon and drift to sleep. I wish someone else would iron my husband's khakis tonight. I wish my fingers and toes weren't so cold.

I wish TwinBoyB would not make random, loud, mouth noises. I wish he wouldn't ask every day, six times a day, "What's for dinner?" and then respond with "Ewww, that's nasty."

I wish I could sleep in until noon and then spend the rest of the day puttering around in the closets, sorting, purging, organizing.

I wish I had unlimited wishes and a fairy-godmother to grant them all.
Parents Blog Top Sites

Powered by Blogger

Listed on BlogShares