Tuesday, August 03, 2004

Alive!

I will never die because I just have too much to do.

My husband is going out of town again--this time to his 25th High School Class Reunion. He leaves on Friday and returns the following Thursday. Before he leaves, I'm trying to prepare myself so I don't have to take the children into Target to buy laundry detergent or to the grocery store for milk and bread. It's such an ordeal to take four kids shopping--especially boys who hate to shop--and it's so much more expensive.

So, tonight, I went to Target in search of spray to kill the bees that have taken up residence in the corner of my back yard. This has been a particularly bad year for bees and their cousins, the wasps. I did not find bee killing spray, but I did buy enough M&Ms to get us through the week. And I bought three white shelves on clearance for $2.97 each and a Captain Feathersword feathersword on sale for $3.97 (for Babygirl for Christmas) and ninety large trashbags. I hope to paint my living room while my husband is gone and I want to throw away a lot of trash and I want to bag up even more stuff for the church rummage sale.

Tomorrow night, then, I'll buy paint. Thursday night, I will grocery shop. Depending on the weather, I may take the kids to Mt. Rainier Saturday or Sunday.

Oh, I finished another book--"Left Behind" by Tim LaHaye and . . . uh, I can't remember the other guy. Jerry Jenkins? At any rate, it was less horrible than I expected. That's the best recommendation I can give. I've read it. Now I can feel free to never read another one. I'm not a big fan of "Christian fiction." What is that, anyway? Why the big divide between the secular and the sacred? That has always bugged me. At any rate, it was a quick read, fairly entertaining and I can see why it was a best-seller. That's all I'm saying.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

LOL Melodee, your trip to Targets sounds like mine to Wal-Marts. Seldom actually buy what I go for, and walk out with a ton of stuff I didn't think I needed, until I saw it... : ) Good luck painting, very ambitious! I need to get myself down to the eye Drs to get glasses, would love to read again.... ~~Michelle

10:57 PM  
Blogger Marguerite said...

For some good "end times" reading I recommend the Christ Clone Trilogy by James BeauSeigneur. About a hundred times more interesting and better written than Left Behind.

I base that opinion on only having read the first book in the Left Behind series. It started out with a laugh, but by the end of the book I knew I didn't want to read any more of the series.

1:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Parents Blog Top Sites

Powered by Blogger

Listed on BlogShares